Friday, September 13, 2013

KrazyRace (Modesto)

[krazyrace.com] [facebook.com/officialkrazyrace] [twitter.com/krazyrace]


"Do U" Ft. Sick Jacken & Gutterfame [youtube.com/watch?v=aT8QpHraIV4]



"Interview with: KRAZY RACE"
Interview done for R.H.H.R. by Xicano Vince of the Modesto Brown Berets de Aztlan [rhhr.wordpress.com/2012/05/30/interview-with-krazy-race/]
Xicano: Where did you get the name "Krazy Race" and what does it mean to you?
KrazyRace: Krazy Race started off as a group name in the early 90s of my rap crew. The name reflects & represents our people, we are a Krazy Race. We are so many other things besides that of course, but being raised a Chicano in LA you could see where the Krazy Race name came from.
-
Xicano: What movements do you support or consider yourself a part of?
KrazyRace: I support all movements that are truly down for the people & organizations that support or help our youth. I love to see all the grass roots organizations that arise from the inner city communities to help their own community.
-
Xicano: How long have you been politically involved?
KrazyRace: Since I was about 22 years old and started to see things in a different light. But even before then, I was already questioning society and our system.
-
Xicano: How did you become politically involved?
KrazyRace: I wanted to make a difference in my community & help my gente see the bigger picture of what was really going on a local and national scale. “Dedicated” was one of the first songs that I wrote to touch on this subject.
-
Xicano: Is hip-hop your only form of protest?
KrazyRace: Hip Hop is worldwide, so some of my political songs have been played in many countries and my songs have even been analyzed and broken down by professors at a university level in Chicano Studies and Ethnic Studies classes. One of them being Dr. Pancho McFarland who also wrote a book and published some of my lyrics in it. Besides my songs and lyrics, I have also marched during May Day rallies, Police Brutality rallies, & others. I have done many community outreach shows for our youth & gente.
-
Xicano: What does hip-hop mean to you?
KrazyRace: Hip Hop means the world to me, I can say it saved my life. If it wasn’t for my dedication to the culture and my passion for writing music with a message, who knows what path I would of took in life.
-
Xicano: Do you believe in revolution and what steps do you think we as a people need to take to achieve liberation from a corrupt/fascist government?
KrazyRace: Mario Savio, a Political activist, said this “There is a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part; you can't even passively take part, and you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!"
-
Xicano: What kind of music besides hip-hop do you prefer to listen to?
KrazyRace: I listen to Classic Soul, Classic Rock, Oldies, Corridos, & more.
-
Xicano: What is your long term goal as a hip-hop artist?
KrazyRace: I’ve already accomplished more as an artist than I ever imagined. A long term goal would be to continue to do music from the heart. To continue to stay true to my roots and not compromise because some label offers me a paycheck. I’m going to continue to do me. Krazy Race the name is much bigger than me. I represent for my people, our culture, our history and our future.
-
Xicano: What do you have coming up in the short term?
KrazyRace: New Krazy Race album titled “The International Project” will be releasing late August or early Sept of 2012. What makes this album different from all the rest is, 100% of the production is from producers that live all over the world. 10-13 countries will be involved with this album including Mexico, Japan, Italy, India, France & more.

No comments:

Post a Comment